Monday, August 5, 2013

Testing the positive-pressure workstation.

On Friday of last week, I decided to run a test over the weekend to get an idea of how effective my positive-pressure workstation would be at its obvious task. I put a first-gen iPad one screen on top of the workstation, and one inside the workstation. I turned the fans on, wiped them both down until I was satisfied at their relatively clean appearances, and then took a look at them this morning.

I made two discoveries. First, the workstation seems to be up for the challenge. And second, apparently it's very difficult for my phone to auto-focus on an extremely reflective surface. That said this update and the images probably aren't worth going through the trouble of taking the DSLR into the shop. I used a sheet of 11" x 17" paper to allow for a semi-consistent reflected image in the screens. Despite the image quality issues, the differences are obvious:


The control display.


The display inside the workstation.
While I definitely noticed one or two small pieces of dust on the unit inside the workstation, I'm not sure that it warrants the upgrades I mused over in the previous post. But again, this was only a test.


No comments:

Post a Comment