Saturday, June 15, 2013

Jupiter, reprocessed.

With some motivation coming from being slightly more comfortable with Registax, I decided to reprocess some imagery I had from earlier this year. Considering I'm working from the same data as the images in this post, I'm satisfied with the result, even if it does look a bit over processed. Progress is progress, nevertheless.



The moon in a pinch

Yesterday evening around 5:30 I noticed the moon was fairly high in the sky and clouds were rolling in. It was still hours before sunset and there was a misty. I thought it might be fun to capture some images in hopes of working with them in Registax. 

Unfortunately, because (I'm assuming) the lack of foreground/background contrast, the software threw down  align-points all over the place, and I wasn't having much luck setting them manually. So rather than continue to play around in Registax, I fired up Photoshop to see what I could do with my hazy images. Between using setting a duplicate layer to multiply, opacity settings, and brightness/contrast adjustments, I was satisfied enough to share. 




Below is the image the above is processed from. For what it's worth, it's 1/30th @ ISO100.
 

Monday, June 3, 2013

Saturn



This is my first go with Saturn. Captured a video using prime focus, then stacked the top five percent of 3300+ frames in RegiStax 6. Only have a slight idea of how to go about using that software, but for a few minutes of tweaking, and considering the input, I'm happy with the result.